The West Virginia Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association is located in Charleston, West Virginia. The Association’s members are behavioral healthcare provider organizations serving recipients in each of the State’s fifty-five counties. We are committed to creating and sustaining healthy and secure communities. Vital to this commitment is a network of organizations and advocates promoting services of unparalleled value.
All individuals in West Virginia have access to a responsive, high-quality, integrated and comprehensive array of behavioral health services. 8/12/15
The West Virginia Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association promotes a quality system of behavioral health care for West Virginians. 8/12/15
- Effective, resource-sensitive, and outcome-based healthcare must include behavioral healthcare services.
- Services must reflect a holistic approach that responds to the needs of individuals throughout their lives.
- All individuals should be afforded the opportunity to have access to necessary behavioral healthcare services.
- We advocate for our principles at the local, state, and national level.
- Our historic values and practices provide a strong foundation for the design and provision of an accessible, community-based service.
- Strong West Virginia Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association (Organizational Infrastructure)
- Public Policy (Rules, Regulations and Laws)
- Advocacy (Education on what we know and believe)
- Learn and Share (Internal professional development and communication)
The West Virginia Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association members are behavioral healthcare provider organizations serving recipients in each of the State’s fifty-five counties. We are committed to creating and sustaining healthy and secure communities. Vital to this commitment is a network of organizations and advocates promoting services of unparalleled value.
Our members provide a broad continuum of services to West Virginia citizens, including mental health services for persons with intellectual disability, and substance abuse treatment. In the last year, our members provided services to more than 100,000 adults and children from 560 locations.
Addiction Recovery Services were provided to more than 15,000 consumers using a variety of holistic approaches including outpatient therapy, short and long term residential, detoxification and Medication Assisted Treatment.
More than 60,000 people with chronic mental illness received a combination of therapeutic approaches such as, individual, family and group therapy, psychiatric care, peer support, inpatient crisis, nursing care, and care coordination.
Association programs served more than 5000 individuals with intellectual disabilities. These individuals benefited from supported employment, prevocational training, respite care, behavior support and other services.
Becoming a Member
WVBHPA is an association of licensed community behavioral health agencies and hospitals in the state of West Virginia. For more information, please contact us at 304-343-0728